The Village of Vernon contracts with Vince Budiac and Wisconsin Building Inspections, LLP. In addition to inspecting all building, plumbing, electrical, heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) work, the Building Inspector also reviews building plans, collects building permit fees and conducts on-site inspections.
- Enforce the Villages's building and inspection codes
- Make on-site inspections to insure compliance and enforcement of the Zoning & Building Codes
- Authorize orders to stop work when in violation of any Village Ordinance
- Process applications, make all inspections and issue certificates of occupancy
The Building Inspector is in the Village Hall Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and available via phone Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. Direct all questions/appointments relating to building, remodeling, and inspections to Vince Budiac at 262-366-2400. If no answer, please leave a detailed message and Vince will return your call promptly.Diggers Hotline
- Accessory Buildings
- Building Permit Information
- Driveway and Culvert (Please Contact DPW Director at 262-662-7785)
- Fence Information
- Inspection Schedule Information
- New Home Building Questionnaire
- Swimming Pool Info
- Uniform Dwelling Code Deck Appendix B
- Zoning Permits-Town Hall
Zoning Permit & Site Evaluation:
A Zoning Permit is required when a structure or part thereof is located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted or structurally altered in the Towns of Genesee, Oconomowoc, Ottawa or Vernon; or the shoreland/floodland areas (generally within 1,000 feet of a lake of 300 feet of a stream) in the Towns of Brookfield, Delafield, Eagle, Lisbon, Merton, Mukwonago, Summit or Waukesha.
You may need a preliminary Site Evaluation for impact on your well and septic system or a Construction Erosion Control Permit to prevent sediment from leaving your site.
How to Apply for A Zoning Permit: Info
Preliminary Site Evaluation (Waukesha County): Application
All Zoning Premits will no longer go through the Village of Vernon Building Inspector. Any questions regarding zoning can be directed to the Village of Vernon at email@example.com