Election & Voting Information
The Partisan Primary - August 9th AND General Election - November 8th ALL Wards (1-11) will vote AT Big Bend Elementary School. Polls open 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- NO Spring Primary: February 15, 2022
- Spring Election: April 5, 2022
- Partisan Primary: August 9, 2022
- General Election: November 8, 2022
Access: Ward Map
What's On My Ballot?:
Visit: What's On My Ballot - MyVote.wi.gov
Waukesha County 2022 Advisory Referendums: Info
Resource for Voters on 2022 Candidates
WisconsinEye Candidate Interviews Available Now!
Viewers can access on-demand interviews and events featuring both federal and state electoral candidates on wiseye.org/Campaign-2022
WisconsinEye Public Affairs Network is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that provides this unfettered access to the public as a resource for voters.
In-Person Absentee Voting for the 2022 General Election - November 8, 2022:
Village of Vernon Election Clerk
W249 S8910 Center Drive Vernon, WI 53103
phone: 262/662-2039 / email: email@example.com
Voting Hours: October 25th -November 4th / M-F 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Saturdays October 29 & November 5 from 8 am until 12:00 pm, or by Appointment
Local Office/Candidate Information
Interested in Becoming an Election Inspector?
We are looking for interested residents to consider working as poll workers. It is a great opportunity to be involved in your community and meet your neighbors. If you are interested, please contact the Clerk Administrator's Office at 662-2039 or email the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. I appreciate your willingness to serve!
Wisconsin Photo ID
The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed the photo ID provisions of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23. A photo ID will be required to receive a ballot in all special and regular elections after April 7, 2015. To learn more about photo ID and voting, visit the Bring It to the Ballot website.
FREE Photo ID Card
You can get a free state ID card from the Division of Motor Vehicles if you do not already have a Wisconsin driver license: Visit WI DMV for details.
Acceptable Forms of Photo ID
These are acceptable for voting purposes, and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election (currently, the November 3, 2020 election):
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
- A U.S. passport
These photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes, but must be unexpired:
- A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
- A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains date of issuance, signature of student, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. Also, the university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment.
- A citation or notice of intent to revoke or suspend a Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license that is dated within 60 days of the date of the election.
These photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes whether they are expired or unexpired:
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin.
Absentee Voting / Voter Registration
In order to vote absentee, you must be a registered voter in the Village of Vernon. If not registered, you can register on-line at MyVoteWisconsin or complete and print the Voter Registration Form along with all required documentation with you on election day. If you are registered, request an Absentee Ballot on-line at MyVoteWisconsin or complete and print the Absentee Ballot Request and return it to Village Hall W249S8910 Center Dr. Big Bend, WI 53103. Once the application is received, the ballot will then be sent to you. Ballots must be returned to the Village Hall by Election Day in order for the ballot to count. Military and Overseas: Info. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk Administator's office at 262-662-2039.
My Vote Wisconsin
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Register to Vote
- Look up voter registration and polling place locations.
- Voter registration information, voting history, normal polling place location for an address.
- Polling place location, current office holders, and a sample ballot for the upcoming election.
- Check Provisional vote status.
- The status of a provisional ballot cast in a recent election.
- Military and Overseas: Info
Visit My Vote Wisconsin: https://myvote.wi.gov
WI Elections and Ethics Commission (formerly GAB) Voter Information Center
Welcome Wisconsin Voters! Everything you need to know about voting in the State of Wisconsin starts here. Choose specific menus based on who you are and what you want to do: